Save Money on Insurance
1. Package your home and auto with the same company and agent.
2. Use higher deductibles where affordable or drop some coverages on vehicles valued at less than $2000.
3. Take a Drivers Safety Course to save a good percentage on your auto policy. Find Details Here or click the image below.
4. Consider installing a home security system. If you have a monitored alarm system you can save money (up to 20% in some cases) on your home insurance.
5. Monitor your credit score. Maintaining or improving your credit scores will save you a large amount.
6. Check to see if you are eligible for other discounts such as senior discounts, good student discounts, or paperless discounts. These are all available and can save you money as applicable.
7. Some companies offer “telematic devices” which monitor your driving habits. Depending on your driving habits, these can save you money.
8. Work with an “Independent” Agent, such as the Bieritz Insurance Agency, as they can shop amongst over 20 companies to compare information and coverage in order to find the best deal for their clients.
9. When shopping for a new vehicle, keep in mind that expensive cars cost more money to insure.
10. Use your insurance coverage for the large losses if they occur rather than small losses that are close to your deductible. In the long run it will cost you more money to submit several small claims.
11. This one may not save you money but could save your life! Be sure all smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers in your home are in good working condition and are tested from time to time.