Five big mistakes to avoid when making decisions about your insurance. 5 tips on how to save money and still properly protect yourself. From our friends at the Insurance Information Institute.
Entrepreneurship and Your Business Insurance
From the Insurance Information Institute:
The i’s on Insurance: [Not So Risky] Business
Being an entrepreneur makes you the boss! But along with getting to choose your own hours, location, and business plan, it also means that you’re responsible for a lot of other things, like commercial business insurance. There’s a lot more to business insurance than getting the lowest business insurance quotes. It means understanding your business’s unique needs and the potential hazards that can threaten its success.
Is it Time to Review Your Life Insurance Coverage?
The video below has some insight into when to look at your policy and make changes.
5 Times You Should Review Your Life Insurance Coverage – Life Happens – from Education , Insurance & Law
Dog Days of Summer – Keeping your home cooler on a budget
August is typically the hottest month of the year here in the Central New York region, and perhaps the only month that we struggle with trying to keep our homes a bit cooler. In many cases it doesn’t make sense to install air conditioning for the short period of time that it might be needed. Considering the small window of time that they are used, air conditioners can significantly increase your electricity costs. If you find yourself on a budget but still needing to make your home more comfortable during the heat of the season, these ideas may be helpful to you!
- One of the easiest things you can do is to keep your blinds and curtains closed, especially during the hottest parts of the day. This one thing can help to keep your home about 20 degrees cooler.
- Allow cool air to freely circulate inside your home. Open up doors between rooms, especially during the cooler nighttime hours. Opening your windows at night will also help to cool your house down.
- Consider using your outdoor grill instead of heating your kitchen with your oven and stovetop, and drink plenty of cool beverages to keep your body temperature down.
- Run your ceiling fans counter clockwise to draw warm air up to the ceiling and allow cooler air to flow back down to your floors where you spend your time. You can also run your exhaust fan for a period of time in your bathrooms to help pull warmer air out of the house.
- Changing out your bed linens to lightweight cotton will also help to keep you more comfortable during hot weather.
- Try switching out your incandescent light bulbs which throw a lot of heat for cooler fluorescent CFL’s.
- And if all else fails, don’t forget the fan! A small breeze can help you feel more comfortable, especially if you use a mister to slightly dampen your skin so that the fan evaporates the moisture and makes you feel cooler.
For a few additional ideas and tips, check out the video below from PG&E
VIDEO: Fire Pit Safety
Burns from fire pits can be serious. Follow some of these tips for safety!
For more information, see our post from earlier this month here.
Secrets to Know When Renting a Car: VIDEO
Video: Six Secrets to Know When Renting a Car – by Lauren Fix
Video: Spring Home Maintenance Tips
A quick look at some tips for your Spring Home Maintenance – to complement our post from earlier this month on Spring Project Ideas for your Property
Inspecting your Trees for Damage
To complement our earlier post this month on Trees and your Insurance, here is a helpful video on inspecting your trees!
Health Insurance Documentation and Your 2015 Tax Return
A comprehensive overview of the Health Insurance documentation needed for your 2015 Tax Return.
Washing your car in the winter
What’s the point of washing your car in the winter? If you own and use an automobile in our area, this video will talk about why it’s important!
Safe Riders Video
The video below is put together by the International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association and contains comprehensive information about safe snowmobiling. Twenty minutes well-spent if you are new to this sport! We wish all our snowmobiling friends and clients a safe season. Please let us know if you have any questions about your insurance needs for your vehicle!
Video – Holiday Season Fire Safety
There’s no place like home for the holidays and no better place to implement good fire safety practices. Follow these simple steps to help ensure your holiday is memorable for all the right reasons. From the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI):
VIDEO: Know Your Stuff
To go along with this month’s focus on home inventories, this video gives a nice overview of the Know Your Stuff app/program.
Ceiling Fans are for Winter Too
If you have had trouble with understanding why you should use your ceiling fans in the winter, this short video should help!
Understanding 5 Types of Car Insurance Coverage
A nice concise video covering auto insurance from First Quote Insurance. Please contact our team if you have any questions!
Have you seen our commercial?
Bieritz Insurance Agency, Your Hometown Insurance Specialists
Some great safety tips here for your outdoor barbecues this summer!
Video: Tick Awareness and Prevention
This is the season for being outdoors – don’t let ticks stop you from enjoying it. Take some precautions and make looking for ticks part of your daily routine.
VIDEO: 5 Things About Homeowners Insurance
These are good to know!
Yearly Home Maintenance Checklist
A great tool for homeowners from AmeriFirst Home Mortgage Company…
Download the checklist for printing: